One at a Time.

|

Couple of months ago, when I was looking for the month's edition of Reader Digest Asia (read them! They're lifesavers =p) in PlaNgi, I overheard a mother telling her daughter to learn how to read before she wants to buy any books. Honestly, it cracked a smile. You know, when I was a child, my parents used to tell me to learn to do something before actually doing what I wanted to do -- I believe the readers here, too were told. Whenever that happens I usually sigh a little in the back, denying all the things they say, believing that I am capable to do it.



When I was a little kid, I knew everything about the world, the more I grow up, the more I have no knowledge about it.


One example that happened in recent times, was about parking the family's car. I really only have a couple lessons in parking, I am not good at it. But, meh, I CAN DO EVERYTHING !!! XD

So took the car away several times, parked them good everytime. I think it was the sixth time when I really screw it up. The ledge towards my house's garage is to steep, at times I found it a bit difficult, and in my defense, there was a car honking to pass through, and so I think "I'd do this in one sweep !".


The ending, I smashed the passenger's side of the car to the garage door.

Don't ask me about how I talked it through with my mum, it ain't beautiful. But since I am a lawyer-will-be, I talked it through anyway. =p

Lesson learned, even in my 20s.


We all want to know everything, in order to be "more". It's human nature to be so.

We want more.

We want everything.


An ambitious friend wrote something on her note once, I accidentally got a glimpse of it.

It reads "you can have everything, you just can't have everything at once."

Guess she learned her lesson.


So, take it from me. Take it one at a time, folks. ;)

1 comments:

penghuni60 said...

just wanted to say:
"helloooo"

very true
"You can have everything, you just can not have everything at once."
:)

Post a Comment