The First Post..~

|
Hi !
This is Alexander Bobby Wijaya, or in this blog, "Bee". I promised myself and a friend that I'd make my own blog, soon as I get my own laptop. (well, I got a netbook actually, it's pretty much the same)

First things first, about the reason I start writing this, is, well I love to write. =p
I've started writing about 3 years ago, but really, I only got less than a hundred entries in my own journal. Honestly, I tend to procrastinate, and ended up NOT writing, the stuff that I should've written.

See, I just did it.
I should've post this blog a month ago, but I guess I have no choice. Recently I've been busy with my campus life, as well as my church life. So please excuse moi.

Second, for me writing a blog gives me many positive points. I've read an article that says people are getting worse on literacy, that most people now are -basically- can't read, and one of the cause for it is that people write less. (or worse, they don't). Writing also gives you a chance to communicate. What we wrote are our point of views in things that happen in our everyday life. It is a medium between one to another. Put it simply, we could speak our mind.

Last but not least. Life is short.
Japan is one of the top countries that has a high life expectancy ratio, according to the wikipedia, 82,6 years. Their culture, philosophy, and environment are only supporting their long life. In contrast, our beloved country of Indonesia, has only 70,7 years of average life expectancy, and with no good environment, lack of cultural and philosophical appreciation that is shown by so many negative phenomenons happened in the country would only make it less.

Writing can be your legacy.

I believe most of my generation have read Harry Potter, and on one book (I think it's the second) the author wrote that Lord Voldemort had written a journal to (literally) live forever. I don't know if it's the author's intent to somehow tell the readers what I tell you now, but when we are no longer in this world, what we've experienced, could be our contribution to the next generation, so they could vicariously learn what we've experienced. As our first president famously said, and I quote "JAS MERAH !" (Jangan lupakan sejarah --Don't forget the past)

I believe that if Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and all other great thinkers did not write then, we'd be a lesser human now.

Well, I think that's enough for the introduction, I hope you can enjoy a slice of my mind. ;)



-Bee

0 comments:

Post a Comment